Handheld IGAvania Randomizer Discord — Join for race pings, tournament announcements, and general randomizer discussion.
Handheld IGAvania Randomizer Tournaments Discord — Join for discussion surrounding current/upcoming tournaments.
Dawn of Sorrow Speedrun.com Page — Helpful for a glimpse of speedrun movement and strategies, as well as tutorials that you may find useful.
Dawn of Sorrow Randomizer Rules
1. Must use the randomizer program that contains the enemy drop rates fix. Made by LagoLunatic, fix by WooDose: found here.
2. Must use the following preset file: here. (to load the file into the randomizer, click the "Load Options from Preset File" button on the lower right corner of the window and select it)
3. The ROM used to generate seeds must have the "All Bosses + Black Panther First" patch, and it must be the ONLY patch that will be applied to it (do not ever apply the patch AFTER randomizing). Made by Masked_Dedede: here. (You will need DeltaPatcher program to apply it)
4. To prevent getting a different seed by accident, it is highly advised to share the non-spoiler log file of the rolled seed with the racers.
(To load the non-spoiler log contents in the randomizer program, simply click the "Load Seed Info from Spoiler/Non-Spoiler Log" button in the bottom left corner of the window and select the non-spoiler log.)
All Bosses Category Rules
1. Must finish the game with the best ending.
2. Must defeat all bosses before fighting Menace, in no specific order. Menace warp room won't show up until all the bosses have been defeated.
3. No glitches are allowed during the race. Button wall skips with Cutall's special attack are also banned.
4. Using Julius Mode stuff is banned. That includes weapons (whip and Alucard Sword) and souls (those whose descriptions say "NULL"), except Alucard's Bat Form.
5. Races can be made with or without Panther-first, depending upon racers' agreement.
5.1 If Panther-first is allowed, Alucard's Bat Form remains allowed.
5.2 For no Panther races, Bat Form is banned unless it's the ONLY possible way to cross over the Flying Armor gap.