"Hello!" Welcome to Zelda II speedrun racing. Enjoy & GLHF to everyone!
Current Z2 Community Event:
Speedrun.com Leaderboard - To view the more detailed category rules for each specific category & to submit your personal best times.
Zelda II Speedrun Discord For help & questions.
Click here to use the Z2 Hacks race channel for racing Romhacks, thanks!
General Race Rules:
1) Streaming required (unless overridden by a mod).
2) Race Timer, (not necessarily Splits Timer), starts when you press START at file select. Immediately hold right after last hit on Dark Link; Race Timer (and Splits Timer) stops when Link stops moving.
3) Simultaneous L+R on the Dpad is banned. Speedrun.com rules apply for emulator/console usage. Emulators must show the input display.
4) Unless it's "NG+", "NMG" or "glitched" goals, 2nd controller UpA save & quit is NOT allowed.
5) When you Game Over in the Overworld, you have to walk over the tile or go back to start of the room you GOed in before you can continue on. If the Game Over happened inside a palace, the player must re-enter the palace and proceed to finish it. NO need to go back in the exact room where they GOed.
***Recommend you also do local recording, in case of internet outage and/or providing proof of your race time, if necessary. Thanks.